This policy is currently going through formal consultation. Click here to go to comment.
Inappropriate development, or any development that could add to the impacts of physical change to the coast, will not be permitted in the Coastal Change Management Area as designated on the Policies Map.
Where development and infrastructure needs to be relocated away from the Coastal Change Management Areas it will be permitted subject to the following criteria:
1. The new development is located in an area at less risk of coastal erosion.
2. The replacement property is located close to the community from which it is displaced and has an acceptable relationship with it in terms of character, setting, and local amenity.
3. The new development meets the requirements of policies on protected landscapes and the Undeveloped Coast.
4. The existing site is cleared and restored.
5. If it is a replacement proposal, the gross volume of the replacement dwelling is no larger than the one it is to replace.
Any development that includes any form of sea defence will require the submission of a vulnerability assessment, showing how the sea defence will not be to the determent of adjacent or any other sections of coastline.
0 supporters so far