The Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan is now at the public examination stage. Keep up to date with what's happening on our Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan: Examination page.
Land at Langage is allocated for employment development in Use Classes B1b & c, B2 (industrial) and B8 (warehousing and distribution), as an extension to the existing strategic employment site. Provision is made for about 247,300 sq.m. of employment floorspace.
Development should provide for the following:
1. Creation of a high quality environment for the business park commensurate with its status as a strategic employment location for attracting inward investment, including a street frontage presence which helps to create attractive environments for walking and cycling.
2. Ancillary office functions which are orientated to the street frontage.
3. Maximum use of plot space through efficient design and layout arrangements where parking provision does not dominate the site.
4. Enhancements to pedestrian, cycling and public transport links to the City Centre, Plympton, Sherford and Deep Lane Park and Ride which also facilitates links to locations east of the city.
5. Sensitive planting and screening for outward facing sites to the surrounding areas.
6. Contributes to and allows for the delivery a new southern access road.
7. Preserves the future operation of the Energy Park.