The Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan is now at the public examination stage. Keep up to date with what's happening on our Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan: Examination page.
The plan seeks to enhance the vibrancy and sustainability of Totnes. This will include:
1. Providing for mixed use development to help meet local housing need and increase employment opportunities to support the long term resilience of the town.
2. Protecting the integrity and character of the historic town centre.
3. Ensuring that all development, singularly or cumulatively, will not negatively impact on the ability of the relevant authorities to improve air quality within the A385 AQMA.
4. Working with relevant authorities to look for appropriate solutions to manage traffic flow in and around the town.
5. Ensuring appropriate infrastructure is delivered alongside new development.
6. Ensuring all new development does not have any negative impact on the greater horseshoe bat species and their flight paths within the protected South Hams SAC.