The Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan is now at the public examination stage. Keep up to date with what's happening on our Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan: Examination page.
Land at KEVICC is allocated for residential-led development, with enhanced education and sports facilities. Provision is made for in the order of 130 new homes. Development should also provide for the following:
1. A replacement of the all-weather sports pitch.
2. Community facilities including public space alongside the River Dart with continuous riverside access.
3. Submission of a site specific mitigation plan to ensure that all new development does not have any negative impact on the greater horseshoe bat species and their flight paths within the protected South Hams SAC.
4. A high quality form of development which integrates with the existing housing.
5. Safe and attractive pedestrian and cycle connections for residents to access local facilities and services.
6. An appropriate strategy to mitigate for any impact on the A385 Air Quality Management Area.