Making the Plymouth and South West Devon Local Plan
The Plymouth and South West Devon Local Plan is the new plan for South Hams District Council, West Devon Borough Council and Plymouth City Council.
It has been approved by all three full Councils and is now published for consultation from 15 March to 26 April 2017. This is part of the formal Regulation 19 stage. Following this consultation, the plan, the evidence base and all comments made will be submitted to the Planning Inspector.
Statement Of Representation Procedure
To make your comments please go to the consultation portal, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Joint Local Plan Team, Ballard House, West Hoe Road, Plymouth PL1 3BJ.
Click here to view the full PDF of the document and see below the accompanying maps:
Policies Map – Plymouth Policy Area [PDF, 16MB]
Policies Map – Thriving Towns and Villages Policy Area (South Hams) [PDF, 21MB]
Policies Map – Thriving Towns and Villages Policy Area (West Devon) [PDF, 13MB]
Map 1 - Designated Sites [PDF, 35MB]
Map 2 - Biodiversity [PDF, 40MB]
Map 3 - Plymouth Green Space [PDF, 40MB]
We have also produced google maps showing the policies of each area proposed for development and protection:
To make sure the impact of the plan is fully considered we have written an Integrated Assessment of the Joint Local Plan (incorporating the Sustainability Appraisal and Strategic Environmental Assessment). This document provides information about how decisions have been taken on what to include in the plan and is also available through our consultation portal.
Council planning officers will be available to help you make your comments and understand the process at the following venues:
- Wednesday 15 March 2-6pm at Meadowbrook Social Club, Dartington
- Thursday 16 March 4pm -7.45pm at Central Library, Plymouth
- Thursday 16 March 3-7pm Parish Room, Yealmpton
- Friday 17 March 3-7pm Local Matters, Elbow Lane, Tavistock
- Friday 17 March 3-7pm Methodist Church, Totnes
- Saturday 18 March 10am - 2pm at the Woolwell Centre, Woolwell
- Saturday 18 March 3pm - 7pm Ockment Centre, Okehampton
- Monday 20 March 9am - 12.30pm at the Plympton Library, Plymouth
- Monday 20 March 3-7pm at the Guildhall, Dartmouth
- Monday 20 March 3-7pm at the Community Centre, Hatherleigh
- Tuesday 21 March 3-7pm at the Town Council, Quay House, Kingsbridge
- Tuesday 21 March 3-7pm at the Bere Alston Parish Hall, Bere Alston
- Wednesday 22 March 3-6pm at the Watermark Centre Café, Ivybridge
- Thursday 23 March 3pm - 7pm at Roborough Recreation Hall, Bickleigh
- Thursday 23 March 3pm - 7pm at Memorial Hall, Modbury
- Friday 24 March 10am - 2pm at Watermark Centre Library, Ivybridge
- Saturday 25 March 10am - 2pm at Farmers Market, Tavistock
- Saturday 25 March 9am - 1pm at the Library, Totnes
- Monday 27 March 3pm - 7pm at the Town Hall, North Tawton
- Tuesday 28 March 3pm - 7pm at the Arundal Arms, Lifton
- Wednesday 29 March 3pm - 7pm at the Charter Hall, Okehampton
- Wednesday 29 March 2pm - 5pm at West Park Library, Plymouth
- Saturday 1 April 10am - 2pm at the Guildhall, Dartmouth
- Monday 3 April 3pm - 7pm at the Village Hall, Stokenham
- Tuesday 4 April 3pm -7pm at Salcombe CofE Primary School, Salcombe
- Saturday 8 April 9am - 1pm at Central Library, Plymouth
- Saturday 8 April 10am - 1pm at the Library, Kingsbridge
- Saturday 8 April 10am - 1pm at Meadowbrook Social Club, Dartington
- Tuesday 11 April 2pm - 5pm at Church of St. Thomas Moore, Southway, Plymouth
- Friday 21 April 1.30pm - 4.30pm at Plymstock Library, Plymouth
You may also find these Frequently Asked Questions helpful.
In addition there are some Plymouth Plan policies that will not be examined by the inspector, these are policies that are part of the holistic plan that have been developed by the City Council and it's partners. These policies start with HEA, GRO and INT.
To stay in touch with what is happening on the Plymouth and South West Devon Local Plan please sign up to the Planning News e-newsletter, follow us on twitter @plymswdevonplan and @plymccplanning and follow us on our Facebook page.