TTV29 - Residential extensions and replacement dwellings in the countryside
Proposals to extend or replace existing dwellings in the countryside will be permitted provided:
- The existing dwelling has a lawful use for permanent residential use and has not been abandoned.
- The size of the new replacement dwelling will not be significantly larger than the original house volume.
- The number of new dwellings is no more than the number of dwellings to be demolished and replaced.
- Any new replacement dwelling should be positioned on the footprint of the existing dwelling, unless on design, landscape, highway safety, residential amenity, or other environmental grounds a more appropriate location can be agreed.
- The extension is appropriate in scale and design in the context of the setting of the host dwelling.