This policy is currently going through formal consultation. Click here to go to comment.
Development proposals within or within the setting of the Cornwall and West Devon Mining Landscape World Heritage Site will conserve or enhance the Outstanding Universal Value of the site. In particular, regard should be given to the following:
1. The historical and social importance of key buildings or other features and their contextual setting.
2. The need to retain locally distinctive features in the design of buildings, layouts and landscape.
3. The integrity of industrial infrastructure, transportation networks and associated features.
4. The importance of and evidence for ancillary industries.
5. Be in accordance with the principles and objectives of the relevant Cornwall and West Devon Mining Landscape WHS Management Plan and other guidance/ adopted documents.