DEV7 - Meeting local housing need in the Plymouth Policy Area
The LPAs will seek to deliver a wide choice of high quality homes which widen opportunities for home ownership, meet needs for social and rented housing, and create sustainable, inclusive and mixed communities. The following provisions will apply:
- A mix of housing sizes, types and tenure appropriate to the area and as supported by local housing evidence should be provided, to ensure that there is a range of housing, broadening choice and meeting specialist needs for existing and future residents. The most particular needs in the policy area are:
- Smaller dwellings most suited to younger and older people.
- Housing suitable for households with specific needs.
- Larger three and four bedroom houses, and executive homes at appropriate locations.
- For developments of above ten homes, at least 30 per cent of the total number of dwellings should be affordable homes without public subsidy. These homes should be provided on-site, except in the case of sites of between 11 and 14 dwellings or where robustly justified. In such cases the requirement can be met by providing an off-site provision or commuted payments in lieu of on-site provision to deliver affordable housing elsewhere in the policy area.