SO12 - Delivering infrastructure and investment
To take a proactive and co-ordinated approach to delivering the infrastructure and investment needed to realise the plan’s vision and deliver its strategic objectives and policies. This will be achieved by:
- Assessing infrastructure and investment needs to enable growth, remove barriers to investment and deliver sustainable communities.
- Co-ordinating infrastructure and investment in the context of a long term perspective together with short and medium term resource planning.
- Planning the delivery of infrastructure as growth takes place.
- Identifying and managing the key risks to delivery of the Joint Local Plan and devising contingency scenarios.
- Using developer contributions to help deliver the vision and mitigate any negative impacts of growth.
- Creating supportive conditions that enable and encourage private, public and community sector investment in new homes, jobs and infrastructure.
Policies associated with this Strategic Objective