PLY11 - Cornwall Street West, City Centre
Land at Cornwall Street West is allocated for mixed use, including commercial and housing, retention of coach station and new multi-storey car parks accessed from Mayflower Street. Provision is made for in the order of 79 homes.
Development should provide for the following:
- High quality design to replace poorer quality developments and deliver a greater level of activity, floorspace and diversity of land uses.
- Buildings of between 5-6 storeys in height.
- An enhanced arrival point to the City Centre providing for high quality public car parking in a multi-storey format with vehicular access direct from Mayflower Street and seamless pedestrian connections into Cornwall Street.
- A north / south connection through the block which provides smaller scale spaces in the City Centre to support a greater range of land uses.
- Enhanced setting of the coach station with new build frontage and improved direct pedestrian and cycle access to the car park and to all surrounding streets.
- Further enhancements as required to support a high quality of environment and facilities at the coach station.