PLY14 - Land at 19 The Crescent, Derry's Cross, City Centre
Land at The Crescent, Derry's Cross is allocated for mixed use development which could support a range of uses including small scale retail, leisure, a quality hotel, offices and a range of housing. Provision is made for in the order of 120 homes.
Development should provide for the following:
- High quality layout and building design that appropriately responds to the local context, including the significance and setting of the listed Crescent.
- Buildings of at least 6 storeys in height with opportunity for taller buildings where these can be appropriately accommodated and where the impacts on neighbouring buildings and spaces are assessed and mitigated as far as possible.
- An attractive new pedestrian / cycling priority street through the site, linking Derry’s Cross towards Millbay Road.
- Active ground floor uses on all public frontages with entrance lobbies to residential accommodation prominently located and designed.
- High quality public realm within and around the site.
- Innovative solutions to minimise the visual impact of car parking and maximise secure cycle parking.
- Tree planting on the site’s street frontages where appropriate.