PLY24 - Sutton Road West, Sutton Harbour
Land at Sutton Road West, Sutton Harbour is allocated for residential-led mixed use development, providing opportunities for offices, hotel, leisure and small scale retail uses. Provision is made for in the order of 194 homes.
Development should provide for the following:
- A development which respects the site's heritage assets and context, as informed by a detailed heritage character assessment to be undertaken for the proposal.
- High quality architecture that responds positively to the site’s heritage and Sutton Harbour’s historic character and distinctiveness as well as creating a positive first impression of Plymouth on the Exeter Street frontage.
- Active ground floor frontages to enliven all public streets and spaces – including on the quayside, Exeter Street and Sutton Road.
- Public access to and along the site’s waterfront and a new pedestrian route linking from Exeter Street/Sutton Road to the quayside – providing a framed view of the waterfront from Exeter Street.
- High quality public realm including new quayside public open space and a proportionate contribution to the Sutton Harbour Heritage Trail, public art and heritage interpretation.
- Innovative car parking solutions to reduce the visual impact of vehicles on the public realm.
- Flood resistant and resilient design and contributions towards the upgrade and improvement of existing flood defences, as set out in line with Environment Agency advice.