PLY25 - Sugar House, Sutton Harbour
Land at Sugar House, Sutton Harbour is allocated for residential-led mixed use development. Provision is made for in the order of 160 homes.
Development should provide for the following:
- A development which respects the site's heritage assets and context, as informed by a detailed heritage character assessment to be undertaken for the proposal.
- High quality architecture that responds positively to the site’s heritage and Sutton Harbour’s historic character and distinctiveness.
- Active ground floor frontages to enliven all public streets and spaces – including on the quayside and Sutton Road.
- Public access to and along the site’s waterfront and a new pedestrian routes linking from Sutton Road to the quayside – providing a framed view from the waterfront to St John’s Church.
- High quality public realm including new quayside public open space and a proportionate contribution to the Sutton Harbour Heritage Trail, public art and heritage interpretation.
- Opportunities for water access for leisure.
- Innovative car parking solutions to reduce the visual impact of vehicles on the public realm.
- Flood resistant and resilient design and contributions towards the upgrade and improvement of existing flood defences, as set out in line with Environment Agency advice.