PLY27 - Register Office, Lockyer Street, The Hoe
Land at Lockyer Street, The Hoe, is allocated for mixed use development, including a quality hotel and housing. Provision is made for in the order of 52 homes.
Development should provide for the following:
- High quality architecture that maximises the site’s redevelopment potential and the site’s role as a strategic gateway to Armada Way. The design should be informed by a detailed heritage character assessment to be undertaken for the proposal and should conserve and where appropriate enhance the character or appearance of the Hoe Conservation Area and Registered Park and Garden.
- Active ground floor frontages to be encouraged to enliven all public streets and spaces – Armada Way and Citadel Road in particular.
- Improved east / west public access along the site’s north boundary, linking Armada Way to Lockyer Street.
- High quality public realm including enhancement of Armada Way.
- Innovative car parking solutions to reduce the visual impact of vehicles on the public realm.
- Relocation of the register office function.