The Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan is now at the public examination stage. Keep up to date with what's happening on our Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan: Examination page.
Land at Lockyer Street, The Hoe, is allocated for mixed use development, including a quality hotel and housing. Provision is made for in the order of 52 homes.
Development should provide for the following:
1. High quality architecture that maximises the site’s redevelopment potential whilst responding positively to the Hoe Conservation Area’s historic character and the site’s role as a strategic gateway to Armada Way. The design should be informed by a detailed heritage character assessment to be undertaken for the proposal.
2. Active ground floor frontages to be encouraged to enliven all public streets and spaces – Armada Way and Citadel Road in particular.
3. Improved east / west public access along the site’s north boundary, linking Armada Way to Lockyer Street.
4. High quality public realm including enhancement of Armada Way.
5. Innovative car parking solutions to reduce the visual impact of vehicles on the public realm.
6. Relocation of the register office function.