The Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan is now at the public examination stage. Keep up to date with what's happening on our Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan: Examination page.
Land at Bath Street West is allocated for a comprehensive residential led mixed-use redevelopment. Uses which will be supported include residential, offices, small scale retail, cultural and community uses. Provision is made for 300 new homes.
Development should provide for the following:
1. Delivery of high quality public realm in order to create the Millbay Boulevard in a comprehensive and integrated manner.
2. Uses which create activity at ground floor level, particularly along the boulevard and other key routes.
3. A development which respects the site's heritage assets and context, as informed by a detailed heritage character assessment to be undertaken for the proposal.
4. High quality design which preserves and enhances the setting of the adjacent listed buildings and Union Street Conservation Area.
5. A scale of development appropriate to create an urban character. Taller landmark buildings on key corners will be sought to mark the entryway to the Millbay Boulevard.