PLY7 - Colin Campbell Court
Land at Colin Campbell Court is allocated for high-quality residential led mixed use development which will transform the western approach to the City Centre and establish a new residential community. Provision is made for in the order of 300 new homes as part of this mix.
Development should provide for the following:
- A positive first impression of the city from Western Approach.
- A more intensive form of development with strong street frontages and a range of active ground floor uses, including retail.
- Ground floor uses which create activity throughout the day and into the evening.
- A more urban scale of development with an average building height of between 5 to 6 storeys with accented and landmark buildings on key corners.
- Alignment of development blocks to the city grid pattern with a network of streets which provide improved connectivity between City Centre and the proposed Millbay Boulevard.
- The retention and refurbishment of the Art Deco Colin Campbell House, where it is practicable and viable to do so.
- High quality public realm throughout the site and maximising opportunities to create an accessible public space as a focal point for the community.
- Improvements to the pedestrian/cycling crossing point across Western Approach.
- Public parking to support the West End, provided in way which does not dominate the street scene.
- Consideration of the potential to open up Frankfort Gate for vehicular access.
- Opportunity to better connect the west end of the city centre with Millbay as part of a scheme to improve the junction of Union Street and Western Approach.