SP1 - Spatial priorities for development in Dartmouth
The plan seeks to enhance the vibrancy and sustainability of Dartmouth. This will include:
- Providing for mixed use development to help meet local housing need and increase employment opportunities to support the long term resilience of the town.
- Maintaining and strengthening the town's traditional marine industry and recreational / leisure offer.
- Recognising and enhancing the relationship with the surrounding AONB.
- Conserving and enhancing the town's historic and maritime character.
- Maintaining the existing retail offer, protecting the integrity of the town centre and enhancing its character.
- Identify the opportunities to invest in enhanced connections between Dartmouth town centre and Townstal.
- Identify opportunities to secure and enhance ferry links across the River Dart.
- Ensuring appropriate infrastructure is delivered alongside new development.
- Working with relevant authorities to look for appropriate solutions to manage traffic flow in and around the town.