SP3 - Spatial priorities for development in Kingsbridge
The plan seeks to enhance the vibrancy and sustainability of Kingsbridge. This will include:
- Providing for mixed use development to help meet local housing need and increase employment opportunities to support the Spatial Priority
- Long term resilience of the town.
- Recognising and enhancing the relationship with the surrounding AONB.
- Conserving and enhancing the town's historic character.
- Maintaining the existing retail offer, protecting the integrity of the town centre and enhancing its character.
- Enhancing the central area and quayside through sensitive regeneration and development.
- Improvements to public realm, including access to the estuary.
- Ensuring appropriate infrastructure is delivered alongside new development.
- Working with relevant authorities to look for appropriate solutions to manage traffic flow and car parking in and around the town.
- Retention and enhancement of leisure facilities.
- Recognising the important role of key road links and the need to maintain and improve public transport provision.