SP6- Spatial priorities for development in Totnes
The plan seeks to enhance the vibrancy and sustainability of Totnes. This will include:
- Providing for mixed use development to help meet local housing need and increase employment opportunities to support the long term resilience of the town.
- Protecting the integrity and character of the historic town centre.
- Ensuring that all development, singularly or cumulatively, will not negatively impact on the ability of the relevant authorities to improve air quality within the A385 AQMA.
- Working with relevant authorities to look for appropriate solutions to manage traffic flow in and around the town.
- Ensuring appropriate infrastructure is delivered alongside new development.
- Ensuring all new development does not have any negative impact on the greater horseshoe bat species and their flight paths within the protected South Hams SAC.