TTV11 - West of Belle Hill
Land at Belle Hill is allocated for housing. Provision is made for in the order of 96 new homes. Development should provide for the following:
- High quality design which reflects the quality and character in the context of the setting of the AONB.
- Strategic landscaping within the site boundaries and the creation of a landscape framework throughout the site. The scale, design, density and northern extents of development should ensure that development is congruous with the adjacent settlement edge when viewed from the surrounding countryside.
- Enhanced provision for pedestrians and cyclists, including enhanced connectivity with the town centre.
- A site wide Sustainable Drainage Strategy to ensure that drainage requirements can be met on site without exacerbating water quality issues within the Salcombe to Kingsbridge SSSI and are designed to deliver landscape, biodiversity and amenity benefits.
- A lighting strategy, which minimises the impact of light spill to the surrounding countryside.