The Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan is now at the public examination stage. Keep up to date with what's happening on our Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan: Examination page.
The plan seeks to enhance the vibrancy and sustainability of Kingsbridge. This will include:
1. Providing for mixed use development to help meet local housing need and increase employment opportunities to support the long term resilience of the town.
2. Recognising and enhancing the relationship with the surrounding AONB.
3. Conserving and enhancing the town's historic character.
4. Maintaining the existing retail offer, protecting the integrity of the town centre and enhancing its character.
5. Enhancing the central area and quayside through sensitive regeneration and development.
6. Improvements to public realm, including access to the estuary.
7. Ensuring appropriate infrastructure is delivered alongside new development.
8. Working with relevant authorities to look for appropriate solutions to manage traffic flow and car parking in and around the town.
9. Retention and enhancement of leisure facilities.