This policy is currently going through formal consultation. Click here to go to comment.
Land at Stockley is allocated for employment / employment-led mixed use. Provision is made for in the order of 42,700 sqm of B1b,c, B2 and B8 employment floorspace. Development should provide for the following:
1. Strategic landscaping to address the site’s scale and prominence and to help mitigate any adverse visual impact on the Dartmoor National Park, and to soften the edges onto the undeveloped countryside to fully recognise the rural character of the site.
2. Delivery of an access strategy to ensure that the transport impacts of the development are appropriately managed and mitigated.
3. Enable the relocation and/or expansion of existing businesses from
Okehampton and the surrounding area.
4. An appropriate strategy to mitigate for any impact on air quality within the town centre.
5. Access preferably to be achieved from the existing highway spur to the south east of Okehampton Business Centre.
0 supporters so far