This policy is currently going through formal consultation. Click here to go to comment.
The LPAs will provide for a net increase of at least 312,700 sq.m. of employment floorspace land within the plan period (equating to approximately 82 ha. of land) to ensure that land is available in sufficient quantity and of the right quality to drive the economic growth of the city and support the prosperity of rural South West Devon
Within the Plymouth Policy Area provision will be made for:
1. B1a offices - 93,000 sq.m., with the City Centre as the primary location for new office development and Derriford as a secondary location.
2. B1/B2 industrial - 51,000 sq.m.
3. B8 storage and distribution - 99,000 sq.m.
Within the Thriving Towns and Villages Policy Area provision will be made for:
1. B1a offices - 24,000 sq.m., with town centres identified as the primary location for new office development.
2. B1/B2 industrial - 18,100 sq.m.
3. B8 storage and distribution - 27,600 sq.m.
Langage Strategic Employment Site will continue to play a strategic role in meeting the employment land needs of the Plan Area in relation to B1b,c, B2 and B8 employment uses.
2 supporters so far