DEV3 - Sport and recreation
The LPAs will support opportunities for sport, physical activity and active leisure by:
- Supporting the creation of new or enhancing existing sports facilities where a need has been identified, including bringing private and education related sports facilities into wider community use.
- Resisting development proposals that result in the loss of sports and recreational buildings and land unless:
- An assessment has been undertaken which has clearly shown the facilities to be surplus to requirements; or
- The loss resulting from the proposed development would be replaced by equivalent or better provision in a suitable location; or
- The development is for alternative sports and recreational provision, the needs for which clearly outweigh the loss.
- Protecting and, where appropriate, enhancing and creating new public rights of way and bridleways.