SO2 (PP) - Delivering a growing city
This policy is part of the Plymouth Plan which was approved by Plymouth City Council Full councillors on 27/02/2017.
To create the conditions for high quality and sustainable
growth, which meets the present and future needs of Plymouth residents and businesses and
transforms the city into a prosperous place to live; and to empower people to equip
themselves with the skills and to find the opportunities to take advantage of that
prosperity. This will be achieved by:
- Transforming and re-balancing the economy to build a strong inward investment and export portfolio with a focus on higher value, knowledge based industries (including marine, advanced manufacturing, and the medical/healthcare sector).
- Capitalising on Plymouth as a 'city of makers', using this wealth to drive the creative economy by retaining more creative graduates and attracting makers on a national scale to locate to Plymouth.
- Managing the city's growth in a way that is resilient and adaptive to future environmental changes and impacts, and which provides sustainable solutions for development, energy, waste and water catchment management.
- Creating an environment to harness the aspiration and talent of the city's population and attract new talent, ideas and innovation to the city.
- Developing a pipeline of skilled staff and supporting those who are outside of the labour market back into work.
- Maintaining and enhancing Plymouth's natural networks, providing the green and blue natural spaces needed to support the social and economic wellbeing of Plymouth as well as safeguarding the natural environment for future generations.
- Delivering a sustainable transport network that supports Plymouth's long term growth.
- Delivering a positive and sustainable approach to waste management that optimises its economic and social benefits.
Policies associated with this Strategic Objective