PLY26 - Sutton Harbour Fish Quay
Land at Fish Quay, Sutton Harbour is allocated for the enhancement of the existing fish quay and market, with complementary retail, education and leisure related uses.
Development should provide for the following:
- All development must support or be complementary to the primary function of the site for the fishing industry.
- Uses which result in an adverse impact on the operation of the fish quay will not be supported.
- Improved public access to create a safe route from Lockyer’s Quay to the National Marine Aquarium west plaza, without compromising the fish market’s operational needs or health and safety requirements.
- High quality public realm and building design.
- A proportionate contribution to the Sutton Harbour Heritage Trail, public art and heritage interpretation.
- A development which respects the site's heritage assets and context, as informed by a detailed heritage character assessment to be undertaken for the proposal.
- Flood resistant and resilient design and contributions towards the upgrade and improvement of existing flood defences, as set out in line with Environment Agency advice.