PLY9 - Mayflower Street East, City Centre
Land at Mayflower Street East is allocated for an office led mixed use development, with active ground floor uses (retail / food and drink) and student accommodation as enabling development. Provision is made for in the order of 34,000 sq.m. of B1 offices.
Development should provide for the following:
- High quality, building design, particularly to the site’s prominent Armada Way, Mayflower Street and Cobourg Street frontages.
- Buildings of between 5 to 6 storeys in height (6 to 8 storeys along Armada Way frontage) with opportunity for taller landmark buildings at the corner of Mayflower Street and Coburg Street.
- Active ground floor uses with high proportions of clear glazing to the streets.
- Entrances to office and other upper floor uses to be prominently located on a principal elevation and designed to include generous lobby space and canopies.
- New enhanced and redesigned public realm on and around the site, including at Armada Way in accordance with established City Centre public realm design principles and materials pallets.
- Innovative solutions to minimise the visual impact of car parking and maximise secure cycle parking.
- Tree planting on the site’s street frontages where appropriate.