PLY51 - Langage
Land at Langage is allocated for employment development in Use Classes B1b & c, B2 (industrial) and B8 (warehousing and distribution), as an extension to the existing strategic employment site. Provision is made for about 243,000 sq.m. of employment floorspace.
Development should provide for the following:
- Creation of a high quality environment for the business park commensurate with its status as a strategic employment location for attracting inward investment, including a street frontage presence which helps to create attractive environments for walking and cycling.
- Ancillary office functions which are orientated to the street frontage.
- Maximum use of plot space through efficient design and layout arrangements where parking provision does not dominate the site.
- Enhancements to pedestrian, cycling and public transport links to the City Centre, Plympton, Sherford and Deep Lane Park and Ride which also facilitates links to locations east of the city.
- Sensitive planting and screening for outward facing sites to the surrounding areas.
- Contributes to and allows for the delivery a new southern access road.
- Preserves the future operation of the Energy Park.