TTV2 - Delivering sustainable development in the Thriving Towns and Villages Policy Area
The LPAs will support development proposals in the Thriving Towns and Villages Policy Area which reinforce the sustainable settlement hierarchy and which deliver a prosperous and sustainable pattern of development. In addition to the provisions of Policies SPT1 and SPT2, specific objectives of rural sustainability to be supported through development include:
- The location of housing where it will enhance or maintain the vitality of rural communities.
- The delivery of affordable homes that enable rural communities to remain vibrant.
- The growth and expansion of rural businesses and enterprise.
- The development and diversification of agricultural and other land-based rural businesses.
- The delivery of sustainable rural tourism and leisure developments that benefit rural businesses, communities and visitors and respect the character of the countryside and historic settlements.
- The retention and enhancement of important rural services and community facilities.
- The provision of sustainable transport accessibility appropriate to the specific context of the proposal.
- The delivery of natural infrastructure, where appropriate, alongside new development.