SO6 - Delivering a prosperous and sustainable South West Devon
To reinforce and protect the settlement pattern of South West Devon as the key driver of the prosperity and sustainability of the area, set within the diverse rural economy and an outstanding natural environment. This will be achieved through:
- Prioritising growth through a hierarchy of settlements.
- Enabling bottom-up planning processes in local communities by supporting the delivery of neighbourhood plans.
- Prioritising equitable access to homes and jobs that meet the needs of all people living in the towns and villages of South West Devon.
- Enabling a resilient mix of age groups throughout all rural communities.
- Promoting school, health, and recreation facilities of a high quality in order to reinforce strong communities.
- Improving transport infrastructure and services, helping to reduce the need to travel and provide more sustainable transport options.
- Delivering digital connectivity that supports diversity and innovation in the rural economy.
- Protecting, conserving and enhancing the natural beauty of south west Devon's countryside, protecting the countryside from inappropriate development, and maximising our environmental assets.
- Celebrating our heritage assets and protecting them for future generations.
Policies associated with this Strategic Objective