This policy is currently going through formal consultation. Click here to go to comment.
Land at The Quayside is allocated for mixed-use re-development, including employment, commercial, residential and community uses. Provision is made for in the order of 100 new homes and 200 sq.m. of employment floorspace (Use Classes B1). Development should provide for the following:
1. Delivery in accordance with a masterplan for the site that should be prepared and consulted upon in advance of the consideration of any planning application.
2. A high quality design which provides for enhanced public realm and better connectivity for pedestrians and cyclists to the town centre and estuary.
3. Retention of appropriate levels of public car parking which is sensitively incorporated into the design of new development ensuring that car parking does not dominate the street scene.
4. Appropriate flood risk mitigation measures.
5. A site wide Sustainable Drainage Strategy to ensure that drainage requirements can be met on site and are designed to deliver landscape, biodiversity and amenity benefits.