The Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan is now at the public examination stage. Keep up to date with what's happening on our Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan: Examination page.
The plan seeks to enhance the vibrancy and sustainability of Dartmouth. This will include:
1. Providing for mixed use development to help meet local housing need and increase employment opportunities to support the long term resilience of the town.
2. Maintaining and strengthening the town's traditional marine industry and recreational / leisure offer.
3. Recognising and enhancing the relationship with the surrounding AONB.
4. Conserving and enhancing the town's historic and maritime character.
5. Maintaining the existing retail offer, protecting the integrity of the town centre and enhancing its character.
6. Identify the opportunities to invest in enhanced connections between Dartmouth town centre and Townstal.
7. Identify opportunities to secure and enhance ferry links across the River Dart.
8. Ensuring appropriate infrastructure is delivered alongside new development.
9. Working with relevant authorities to look for appropriate solutions to manage traffic flow in and around the town.