The Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan is now at the public examination stage. Keep up to date with what's happening on our Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan: Examination page.
Land at Cotton is allocated for residential led mixed-use development. Provision is made for in the order of 450 new homes and 10,800 sqm of employment land (Use Classes B1).
Development should provide for the following:
1. A local community hub.
2. Retention of the existing sports pitches with any re-ordering only acceptable if it would result in enhancement of the facility.
3. Provision of both formal and informal open space.
4. Strategic landscaping to address the scale and prominence of the site, to help mitigate any adverse visual impact on the AONB, and to soften the edges of the development onto the undeveloped countryside.
5. A scale, design and southern extent of development which is not overly prominent when viewed from the surrounding countryside.
6. Positive frontages onto the adjoining road network, especially the main road.
7. Delivery of enhanced connectivity with the lower town for public transport, pedestrians and cyclists.