The Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan is now at the public examination stage. Keep up to date with what's happening on our Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan: Examination page.
Land at Noss-on-Dart is allocated for mixed-use development including employment (Use Classes B1 and B2), commercial, education, a hotel, retail and enabling residential development. Provision is made for in the order of 100 new homes. A comprehensive redevelopment scheme should provide for the following:
1. Improved marina services and facilities.
2. Improved provision of existing educational facilities.
3. Improved connectivity across the River Dart including improved ferry services.
4. Improved connectivity with local footpaths and improved access through the northern part of the site.
5. Improvements to site access at the junction with the A379 Bridge Road.
6. High quality design, which must take account of the location, scale, massing, lighting and the site’s sensitive setting in the AONB, especially in views from the River Dart, the Dart Valley Trail, the Greenway Estate, public rights of way, from the main road and railway line.
7. Careful consideration and investigation of opportunities to ensure the future of un-designated heritage assets on site.
8. Demolition of buildings and remediation of land.
9. A site specific mitigation plan to ensure all new development does not have any negative impact on the greater horseshoe bat species and their flight paths within the protected South Hams SAC.
10. Appropriate flood risk mitigation and water management measures.