This policy is currently going through formal consultation. Click here to go to comment.
Land to the east of Ivybridge is allocated for a residential led mixed-use development. Provision is made for in the order of 540 new homes and 10,400 sq m of employment space (Use Classes B1). Development should provide for the following:
1. Appropriate local facilities to support new residents and to enhance the sustainability of the local area, including local convenience retailing facilities of a scale and format where it can be demonstrated that there will be no significant adverse impact on the existing town centre.
2. The continued and enhanced operation of the railway station and associated park and ride, including high quality design and layout which maximises opportunities for natural surveillance.
3. Strategic landscaping to address the site’s scale and prominence and to help mitigate any adverse visual impact on Dartmoor National Park, and to soften the edges of the development onto the undeveloped countryside.
4. The retention of Ivybridge Rugby Club, with any reordering of land-uses only acceptable if it is beneficial to the operation of the club.
5. A quality form of development which integrates with the existing housing.
6. Safe and attractive pedestrian and cycle connections for residents to access local facilities and services, including the station and local schools.
7. An appropriate strategy to mitigate for any impact on the Western Road AQMA.
8. A site wide Sustainable Drainage Strategy to ensure that drainage requirements can be met on site and are designed to deliver landscape, biodiversity and amenity benefits.
9. Improved road and junction connections to the south of the A38.