SO9 - Maintaining the viability of the many sustainable villages in the rural area
To enable the development of new homes, jobs and community infrastructure sufficient to meet the local needs of the sustainable villages identified in the area. This will be achieved through:
- Delivering a mix of new homes that add diversity and accessibility to the rural housing stock.
- Enabling a balanced demographic profile that retains and attracts young people and working age families.
- Enabling local employment opportunities that can support a thriving rural economy.
- Delivering digital connectivity that supports the rural economy and reduces the need to travel.
- Responding positively to rural travel patterns through innovation and investment.
- Strengthening links between our rural settlements and the surrounding landscapes.
Policies associated with this Strategic Objective