PLY57 - Strategic infrastructure measures for the Eastern Corridor Growth Area
The following key strategic infrastructure measures will be provided during the plan period, in addition to proposals identified in other policies of this plan, in order to support the delivery of the strategy for the Eastern Corridor Growth Area:
- Langage southern access road.
- Eastern corridor transport improvements / programmes to support growth and improve access, including the following schemes:
- A379, A374, B3416 capacity and bus priority improvements including at Cattedown Roundabout, Pomphlett Roundabout and Stanborough Cross.
- Capacity upgrades to the A38 and its junctions at Deep Lane and Marsh Mills, Forder Valley, Manadon and St Budeaux interchange.
- New and enhanced park and ride sites and services, including at Deep Lane.
- Junction improvements to the A374 / B3416 Plymouth Road and key junctions in Plymstock.
- Eastern Corridor Strategic Cycling and Walking network improvements.
- New cemetery and crematorium facilities to address capacity issues arising from the growth of Plymouth (in the vicinity of Saltram countryside park, specific site to be identified).