SP5 - Spatial priorities for development in Tavistock
The plan seeks to enhance to enhance the vibrancy and sustainability of Tavistock. This will include:
- Providing for mixed use development to help meet local housing need and increase employment opportunities to support the long term resilience of the town.
- Maintaining and improving key road links between Tavistock and Plymouth.
- Reinstating the former rail link between Tavistock and Bere Alston, alongside improvements to bus services, to provide a high quality sustainable transport alternative for journeys into and from Plymouth.
- Delivering improvements to secondary school facilities in Tavistock.
- The delivery of a new primary school in the west of the town and expansion of existing schools.
- Having regard to the impact of development on the Tamar Valley AONB, Dartmoor National Park, World Heritage Site and areas of conservation and archaeological importance.
- Protecting, enhancing and promoting the heritage of the town, particularly the World Heritage Site.
- Delivering an extra care facility.
- Working with relevant authorities to look for appropriate solutions to manage traffic flow in and around the town.