The Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan is now at the public examination stage. Keep up to date with what's happening on our Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan: Examination page.
Land at West Park Hill, Newnham is allocated for residential led development and a new primary school. Provision is made for in the order of 400 new homes.
Development should provide for the following:
1. Appropriate local facilities to support the new residents and to enhance the sustainability of the existing area.
2. Pedestrian and cycle connections to the existing residential area connecting through Stoggy Lane.
3. Sensitive design to the wider landscape character of the area.
4. Proportionate contribution to the delivery of the Boringdon sports hub.
5. Public transport infrastructure and services linking the development with Plympton and the City Centre.